Every year, a two week Pre Term Program is designed for management graduates of the incoming batch with the aim to help them know their college, batchmates, seniors and faculty better. Through the Pre Term, the MBA students of the college attend carefully designed and structured sessions that bring together case studies, team games, innovative management lessons and out-of-the-box thinking to facilitate enjoyable and informative sessions. Pre Term proves to be an excellent way to break ice and orient diploma holder to the teaching pedagogy, learning principles, core values and exciting environment at the college.
The typical sessions during Pre Term include
- Know Thy Classmates Session: An ice breaker game carefully designed to help new batchmates know each other, to give them a general idea of managerial education and also provide an opportunity for faculty to gauge a student’s capability
- FIIB Masterchef: As the name suggests, new FIIB-ians dawn the chef’s hat in this innovative game which brushes up their negotiation and strategy skills.
- Industry Interaction Sessions: Several industry interaction sessions are planned for MBA students of the college to meet industry speakers and old graduates to hear first hand experiences about industry and the college
- Working Together: Several team games are planned to introduce ‘team spirit’ within the management grads since an important component of studying at the college means group presentations and team work
- Introduction to Case Studies: New FIIB-ians are introduced to case study method of teaching which forms an important part of their curriculum at the college
- Interaction with seniors: Through fun sessions like ‘movie night’, ‘freshers’ and outdoor activities like ‘bowling’ and ‘ice skating’, the college seniors welcome the new batch.
AuditoriumFIIB’s state-of-the-art auditorium can seat over 150 individuals and has provisions for video conferencing along with other ultra-modern technologies. Students also enjoy the provision of multiple conference and seminar halls if required.
CafeteriaA fully functional cafeteria serves sumptuous meals and beverages all through the day for the students to refresh and revive. Students not only enjoy the meals here but sometimes unwind sitting in the area over a cup of coffee.
ClassroomsThe state of the art classrooms at the Institute enhance the learning experience of students as they are equipped with the latest equipment including projectors, screens, options for video conferencing etc.
Electronic Resource CentreThe campus hosts a state-of-the-art computer lab housing over 180 terminals and 200 laptops. The campus is Wi-Fi enabled. Online Learning and Teaching Software is also provided for flexibility and access to learning material at all times.
Indoor GamesThe recreational centre has arrangements for several indoor sports like pool, table tennis, carom and chess. These may be accessed by students during their breaks and can be used as effective recreational tools to relax.
Knowledge Resource CentreStudents can access a fully computerized and air-conditioned library housing over 15,000 books, 195 periodicals/journals, 750 audio-visual and multimedia. The Library subscribes to major online research and informational databases.
Outdoor GamesThe Campus also has provisions badminton, volleyball and a number of outdoor games and activities
Recreational CentreThe recreational centre of FIIB provides its students space and opportunity to indulge in activities like indoor games and relax. The Centre is outfitted with television, student lockers and various indoor sports like pool table, table tennis, carom and chess.