About the Conclave
According to IDC Digital Universe Study India’s digital universe is expected to grow by 50 percent every year through 2020, with 25-fold growth in useful information & that around 2.5 billion GB of data is created every day, and more than 90 percent of the data available today has been created in the past 3-4 years.
Big Data or Analytics has been the buzzword in the technology space for quite some time now, with analysts and service providers discussing numerous benefits that can be derived by crunching the huge data sets available.
With increase in Big Data awareness levels, Indian enterprises are also realizing the potential of Big Data Analytics and are looking to unlock the business value from their data. Similarly when Social Media is considered, and its presence in the business world analyzed, there is a huge potential available for maximizing the impact through Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Youtube, etc.
- For students it is an opportunity to explore Big Data and Social Media and unravel the magic in Analytics and Creativity. Through the conclave at the college, students can unleash their creative self, play with numbers and images that surround them and learn how the two can help them present themselves to recruiters as desirable candidates.
- For Academicians social media and analytics are the two areas that deserve their space in academics, with both being adjudicated the title of sunrise sector. The conclave provides great insights into the theoretical aspects of the otherwise practical fields.
- For the corporate world, the Conclave is an opportunity to network with some established players and share their success stories using the college as a platform.
- Participants from SMEs have the benefit of using this event to learn how to leverage and highlight their brands using minimal budgets and to generate online publicity and connect with target customers.
- Keynote Address will be delivered by Mr. Saurabh Mittal, Senior VP, Fractal Analytics who will set the tone for the Conclave by speaking on Business Empowerment through Analytics & Social Media.
- Panel Discussion 1 will revolve around Analytics in Business – Opportunities and Challenges; and has speakers including Mr. Punit Chahar (Jabong). Abhishek Agarwal (MDRA).
- Panel Discussion 2 will revolve around Social Media – Exploration to Exploitation; and has speakers including Mr. Anil Kumar (LocoVida), Kishore Chakraborti (McCann Erickson) and Kapil Gupta (Om Logic).
Prof Jones Mathew